Thursday, December 8, 2011
Christmas Activity Chain
All they did was make a paper chain of alternating red and green construction paper. On each link of the chain, there is an activity to do to get ready for Christmas. Now, this is a school project, so no religious activities. But, if you are making your own, you could definitely include whatever you want. Also, his started on December 9, so if you wanted to go the whole month, you would just add more links. Each day, we cut off a link and do what it says on the tag. When the links are gone, it's Christmas!
Here is a list of what was on the chain he brought home:
- Make a Christmas card for someone special.
- Listen to a song about Christmas. Be sure to sing along!
- Make snowflakes from a coffee filter or paper and hang.
- Share a joke or riddle with someone. What does a snowman eat for breakfast? (Snowflakes!)
- Do something nice for a friend or family member.
- Go sledding with a friend or family member! If there isn't snow, draw a snowy scene.
- Make a snowman. If there isn't snow, draw a snowman and decorate the scene with cotton balls or glitter.
- String raisins or cranberries for the birds, or put bread crumbs out for the birds.
- Give everyone in your family a hug and tell them something you especially like about them.
- Watch a Christmas movie.
- Write a Christmas story or poem.
- Write a letter to Santa Claus.
- Make a paper Christmas tree and put colorful ornaments and decorations on it.
- Read a Christmas book with a family member.
- Make and decorate napkin rings from paper or a paper towel tube.
- Help make snacks for Santa Claus and his reindeer.