Thursday, January 26, 2012

If you like Pina Coladas...

First, let me say I don't like breakfast.  I never have.  My mother used to buy my frozen White Castle cheeseburgers to heat up in junior high just so I would eat SOMETHING before I left for school.  (Did I really just admit that?  Now let me crawl out from under my desk...)  In recent years, I just haven't eaten anything for breakfast.  But then I started a new diet...no not a diet, a new eating lifestyle, and breakfast is a big deal.  In fact, eating in general is a big deal.  If I don't eat every 2-3 hours I'm STARVING! (And I have lost over 5 pounds, and 4 inches off my waist so far in just 2 months, so it's a good change)

Anyway, I have been on the search for the perfect protein shake.  I've tried several and have learned a few things.  First, I hate bananas.  Bananas in shakes or smoothies make me gag.  So, no recipes with bananas, please!!!  Second, I also despise yogurt.  My kids eat it every morning for breakfast.  My husband eats the Greek kind as a snack everyday.  But I cannot choke it down.  So, yogurt is out, too.  As you can guess, if you've ever done shakes and smoothies, there are not a lot of recipes out there that don't have one of those two ingredients in them.

But then, I discovered a recipe for a Nada Colada Shake.  It is really yummy!!!!  It came from 101 Protein Shake Recipes.

In a blender combine:
2 scoops protein powder (I use vanilla whey powder)
4 ounces skim milk (you can use water - I like the milk)
1/2 cup orange-pineapple juice
2 Tbsp shredded coconut
4 ice cubes

So, do you have more protein shake recipes to share?  Without banana or yogurt?  I would love to give them a try!

1 comment:

  1. Last couple of days I was found the best delicious tasteful protein shakes recipe..your recipe is quite different and easy to make it...Thanks for sharing..

    -----------------
    protein shake

    ReplyDelete