Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March Menu Update and Week 2 Grocery List

Sometimes things just don't go the way we plan.  That's been the case for March so far...and it's only the 5th!  It started Saturday with the addition of an emergency construction project at home (LONG story...perhaps for another day).  That took all weekend, and threw off a couple of meals.  Then there was a snafu with my co-op group last night (another long story), and we ended up not meeting.  So all of the meals I had planned to use from co-op had to be replaced.  And THEN we got a huge a snow storm today, so my grocery trip is off a day again this week.  With all of that, I've redone the March menu a bit.  You can find the new menu here.

So this week's meals:

Breakfast:
Lunches:
  • This week, I'm using up leftovers, salad supplies, and recipes from last week get do-overs.  No new recipes, and no new groceries. :)
Dinners:
  • Tuesday: Last-Minute Stir-fry - Since we are snowed in, and I don't have much on hand right now, I'll throw together some sirloin marinated in soy sauce, sherry, ginger, and pepper flakes, with some baby corn, water chestnuts and carrots.  I'll serve that over steamed rice.
  • Worshipful Wednesday: Church supper so no cooking tonight!
  • Thawed Out Thursday: Sweet and Sour Pork Roast (This is a co-op meal I still have from January.), Fried Rice - Restaurant Style, and Japanese Sesame Green Beans
  • Fix-It-Up Friday: Girls' Night Party!  I'm having some girls over for a jewelry party, so we are having finger foods - and nothing healthy! :) I'm making a bunch of things I found on Pinterest: Mozzarella Sticks, Baked Pork Egg Rolls, Jalapeño Poppers, Mini Cannolis, and Apple Pie Roses.
  • Simple Saturday: Cheeseburger Pizza - My own version of Dave and Busters! with salad
  • Soup, Salad, Sandwich Sunday - Sausage and Biscuits (with gravy for me), and a fruit salad
  • Mexican Monday: Fajitas (this one is a hold-over from last week, thanks to the construction), with chips and Queso Blanco.
  • Tuscan Tuesday: Beef Bolognese with Linguine, and a salad (note - this is a subscription only recipe from Taste of Home.  If you do not have a subscription, you should...it's a great magazine.  But, you can also find it in the print version from Feb/Mar 2013.)

Here is this month's grocery list!

(Moving On...Here is Week 3!)

No comments:

Post a Comment