Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The BEST Oatmeal Cookies EVER!!

OK, so it's not a craft.  But I made it myself, so I think it should count!  I just made the most amazing oatmeal cookies ever.

Now, first I have to tell you about my "eating habits".  Some of you may think I'm a bit weird, but really I'm just trying to eat healthy.  I've made a big effort recently to not eat processed foods.  No preservatives, nothing artificial, which can be hard sometimes, but not bad.  This particular recipe is kind of a mish-mash of a couple of recipes.  I took one that came from the diet program I use, changed a few ingredients to meet what I had on hand, made a few more changes for personal preference, and voila!  The best oatmeal cookies ever!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Coat two cookie sheets with non-stick spray.  (You could use parchment paper if you have it.  I didn't.)

In a mixer, cream together:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup evaporated cane juice (you can use granulated sugar if you prefer)
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract



Add 2 eggs, one at a time until blended.  Beat on high-speed for 3 minutes, until well combined.

In another bowl, combine:
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal (do NOT use the quick cooking oats)
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup flaked coconut (you can leave this out if you don't like coconut, but I think it adds something)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until combined.  Drop dough onto baking sheets 2 inches apart.  There should end up being 24 cookies when you are done.  Bake both sheets for 7 minutes, then switch the top sheet with the bottom sheet in the oven.  Bake for an additional 7 minutes.  Cool completely and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment