Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March Week 5 - Menu and Grocery List

Wow.  The month of March has gone fast!  I can't believe that April starts next Monday.  I promise to get the April menu up soon!!

Here is the printable menu for this week.

Recipes you will need for this menu:

  • Breakfast Bars - Do you remember these?  I used to LOVE them!  And I can't find them anywhere.  So when I found this recipe, I knew I had to make them!
  • Jerk Pork Wraps - You can use store-bought jerk seasoning, but I prefer to make my own using this recipe.  I will also make my own mayo.  If you choose to use store-bought, eliminate the items on the grocery list marked with a *.
  • Cranberry Spinach Salad
  • Mac & Cheese - This is a very simple, but super delicious recipe.  I grew up on this.  I have Velveeta (ick) to use up, or I would make my own.  Next time! :)
  • Scalloped Potatoes and Ham - I'm using the same recipe I used for the Cheesy Potatoes and Smoked Sausage, only substituting ham.  If you need this recipe, see my Recipe page.
  • Lemony Broccoli - This is SO easy!!!
  • Beanie Weanies - OK, so this is a guilty pleasure.  It doesn't follow any of my "rules" - I mean, hot dogs???  No, those aren't processed at all! (Read that with a LOT of sarcasm.)
  • Corn Bread - I have shortening to use up, as well as butter flavoring.  Once that's gone, I'll experiment with replacing some of the shortening with butter to eliminate the butter flavoring.
  • Tangy Honey Glazed Ham
  • Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes - I have a can of cream of chicken soup, but you can make your own.  Like I said, we aren't going to waste things we already have on hand!
  • Five-Cup Salad
  • Coyote Tacos
  • Spaghetti Pie - This is a co-op recipe, so the ingredients are in italics on the grocery list.  This is just to remind me I don't need to shop for them! :)
Here is the grocery list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment