Monday, March 18, 2013

Skillet Spaghetti Sauce

Skillet Spaghetti Sauce

This is my version of a spaghetti sauce that my mother-in-law makes.  I think originally it was made in an electric skillet, hence the name "Skillet" Spaghetti Sauce.  I make it on the stove-top.  I've made a few changes to spice it up from her recipe. 

Ingredients

  1. 1 lbs Ground Beef
  2. 1/3 cup Onion Flakes
  3. 8 oz Tomato Sauce
  4. 6 oz Tomato Paste
  5. 1 pt Tomato Juice
  6. 1 cup Water
  7. 1 tbsp Chili Powder
  8. 1 tsp Salt
  9. 1 tsp Pepper
  10. 1 tsp Oregano

Directions

  1. Brown ground beef.
  2. Add tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
  3. Add onion flakes, chili powder, salt, pepper, and oregano.
  4. Pour in tomato sauce, tomato juice, and water. Bring to a boil.
  5. Simmer sauce for at least 30 minutes or until desired thickness.
Search, share, and cook your recipes on Mac OS X with SousChef!

No comments:

Post a Comment